Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
N/A
Other

Is anyone else having issues finding Printer Ink Cartridges?  Looking for HP 910XL (color). Not available in big box stores, staples, amazon or hp website.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a recall on several models of 900 series Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges due to a manufacturing defect (See below. From what is, apparently, a notice to Staples). HP has given no word on when they expect this to be resolved.

https://i.redd.it/krsmy74946q51.jpg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@FrustratingMe, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model printer do you use?

Which color are you looking for? The magenta and black is available on the HP Online store. Click here to check the same.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am looking for the trio:  magenta, Ceylon, yellow.  I do see that black and magenta are available, but the three colors need to be replaced equally.  I have one black.  

One sales person told me that some ink cartridges were recalled? My printer is HP Office Jet Pro 8028 purchased at Costco, where I usually get the packs of refills.  I'm wondering if this printer is a discontinued model and cartridges the same?  Thank you for your response.

HP Recommended

There is a recall on several models of 900 series Cyan and Yellow ink cartridges due to a manufacturing defect (See below. From what is, apparently, a notice to Staples). HP has given no word on when they expect this to be resolved.

https://i.redd.it/krsmy74946q51.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you for this information.  I guess I have no alternative but to wait for HP to resolve this issue! AND not print!!😞

HP Recommended

@FrustratingMe

Thank you for posting back.

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, I am late to this sad party I guess.  So am I understanding that for this printer (HP officejet pro 8020) that I bought less than 6 months ago, there are NO alternative cartridges available and no color cartridges currently available at all, and no idea when they will be?

HP Recommended

Hi @Yankee1111,

I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region for assistance.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I have done alm of this and more and still nothing ---- just run around. None of this solves the issue or having bought a new printer that is useless. Last time I had to waste two hours on the phone with HP to talk with a person, he told me the 910 ink would be available in mid- Nov and I should receive it by Nov. 18, so I ordered ink from him and have been patient. Of course, nothing has arrived and no word on the order. Have been on hold today for 1:20 already and can't wait to hear their excuses this time. Horrible product support and customer service. 

HP Recommended

I, too have tried all the websites that show ink cartridges and have not been able to locate the 3 color cartridges for  910 or 910XL. When will the cartridges be available?  My printer was purchased approximately 6 months ago and is pretty much useless without color ink - I was planning to print Holiday cards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.