Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Envy 6232
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My original printer would not print onto photo paper (yes I was using HP but it should print on any)

Went through support and WhatsApp support and still no joy

HP replaced printer. That was pre lockdown. I’ve just tried to print photos on replacement printer. Same problem won’t feed photo paper just keeps saying no paper loaded.

Tried contacting HP support (yeh like is that even possible) but round and round in circles. I’m on a print plan and first page of support says in warranty but try to get help and it says out of warranty.

Any ideas how to get it printing photos? Paper is HP 235g 4”x6”

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Blade56

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please make sure the paper is compatible with the specifications of the Printer mentioned under paper handling:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-6200-all-in-one-printer-series/9073045/document/c...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The specification you supplied does not mention the recommended gsm for photo paper only plain paper from the photo tray. The HP photo paper I am using is 235 gloss.

HP Recommended

I would then request you to try the weight which is compatible with the Printer.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My understanding is that 235gsm photo paper is compatible from the photo tray. My point was the spec you posted doesn’t include the spec for the photo tray only the main paper tray.

What do HP specify for the photo paper tray?

HP Recommended

It says media weight 70-90 g/m2

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.