Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. Yesterday I tried printing something on my HP OfficeJet 6968 and received the 0x6100004a Error Message telling me that paper was jammed. I removed all paper and lifted to look inside and found nothing jammed in there. I ran through all the different troubleshooting procedures listed throughout the forum here (turning it off to discharge & turning it back on, etc.) and nothing has worked. I've also tried calling HP support and can't reach an actual person to speak to for assistance. It's very frustrating because I just paid $60 for a new ink cartridge on Thursday night and now it seems like I have a broken printer with no way of even resolving the issue. Has anyone had any success with fixing this problem when it occurred?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jp588

Welcome to the HP support community.

Make sure the cartridge access door is closed

This error can occur if the cartridge access door is not fully closed. Make sure the door is closed.

1. Open the cartridge access door.

Opening the cartridge access door

2. Remove the paper path cover, and remove any torn paper, labels, or other obstruction that might be inside.

Checking the cartridge door for obstructions

3. Reinsert the paper path cover, making sure it is fully inserted into the printer so that it does not interfere with closing the access door.

4. Close the door, ensuring it is fully seated.

Clear the error message

1. Press the power button to turn off the printer.

2. With the printer off, open the cartridge access door.

Opening the cartridge access door

3. Turn the power on and wait for the carriage to move.

4. With the printer on, unplug the printer from power.

5. Remove the ink cartridges and set them aside. It might be necessary to manually slide the carriage to access the cartridges.

6. With the access door still open, turn the printer on, and then wait for the printer to complete the start-up sequence.

7. Once the error has cleared and the carriage moves to the center of the opening, install the cartridges. If the error does not clear, repeat these steps until the error no longer displays.

You can refer this HP document for further assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Also, the carriage is jammed. It is on the right side and moves .5 inches. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.