Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
officejet 6956
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to overprint on a 10cm X 21cm flyer. How do I get my 6956 to adjust to that size? Isit possible?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The size you mention is well within the allowed specifications for the printer. You will need to create a custom size in the printer driver and I also suggest that you enter the custom media size on the printer tray settings as well to ensure that you do not get a paper size mismatch error.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I'll see if I can do that. No idea yet as I've not tried this before. Had a go on the printer which didn't seem to work, but I'll give it another try. I'll also try to find how to set up the driver on the pc.

Thanks. I'll get back to you

HP Recommended

Just checked printer and could not find any availability of Custom page size. Any suggestions

HP Recommended

The user guide is downloadable here  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6950-all-in-one-printer-series/9666193/model/13403...

Page 24 shows how to setup custom paper sizes in Windows.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. I have already tried that and despite reading every tab thoroughly [I think] I can't find 'Related settings' or 'Print Server Properties'

Does this printer actually accept unusual sizes? The size I'm trying for is actually 1/3 A4 or 9.9cm W x 21 cm long

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.