Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

This is a 2 month old printer which kept going offline.  After working with HP support and trying various fixes, I'm now at a point where the printer reports "setup incomplete".  I can't seem t get past this error message.  How do I complete the setup?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@rrwflorida

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, Sandytechy20.  I haven't been contacted yet but I will welcome any offer of assistance.  I have now progressed beyond the "setup incomplete" message but the problem which initiated it remains unsolved despite hours of work by HP support agents (Aceone Technologies in Arizona) and myself.  The printer is connected to my wireless network and accessible via HP Smart on my iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) using HP Smart (but not Apple Airprint which doesn't see it) but not my Macbook (Mac Os Monterey 12.3.3.  HP Smart and the print dialog on my Macbook show the printer as "offline" and so I'm unable to print through HP Smart or any other software on my Macbook.  The printer itself reports the wireless connection and has the "steady blue light" which indicates that.  My only resort for printing from my Macbook is to use the WiFi Direct network, but this requires a time-consuming change from my local WiFi network to WiFi Direct and back.  I wonder if the HP+ Instant Ink program to which I have subscribed is involved in the problem I'm having?  Apple has suggested that may be an issue preventing attempts to connect using drivers outside of the HP Smart program.  I'm at wit's end now and would appreciate any help HP can offer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.