Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MFP 178nw

Hi!

I've just taken delivery of an MFP 178nw, to replace its Samsung C430W older sibling. I wan't to get into the EWS (nee Syncthru), and can get to the basic screen but cannot log in to activate advanced settings. The manuals, when you find them, state the login credentials "out of the box" as ID:admin, Password:<null>. This doesn't work, and neither does any obvious variant of it (capital As, password-as-ID, etc). I have not been able to get in the first time, and so have not changed the password from the factory set value.

Does anyone know whether the security credentials fore the EWS have recently been changed - so that the manual details are no longer valid? Do you know what I can try?

And, can anyone confirm whether there is an "incorrect entry lockout timer", the is running when I make multiple wrong attempts?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @richaney 

Please follow the steps listed on the following technical knowledge article I've created on this matter:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Laser-Printers-locate-EWS-Administrator-Pas...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @richaney 

Please follow the steps listed on the following technical knowledge article I've created on this matter:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Laser-Printers-locate-EWS-Administrator-Pas...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.