cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
tessajak
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Alignment problem 3785 printer

HP Recommended
HP deskjet 3785
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer, printers pages with a very narrow left margin even though I have matched paper size (A4)) and print margins are set at 'normal'.  When I look at print preview its perfect, but when I print its not.  I can't find solution in spite of reviewing help.

7 REPLIES 7
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,666 13,651 724 562
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tessajak

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this happen while copying too?

Are you using the HP Smart App on your PC? If not, you may try and install to see if that works: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142. If yes, uninstall and reinstall it.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
tessajak
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling on Windows 10 but it still prints with narrow left margin

0 Kudos
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,666 13,651 724 562
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does this happen on copies too?

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
tessajak
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I have the same problem when copying

0 Kudos
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,666 13,651 724 562
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
tessajak
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried to do the firmware update but when I completed the download the serial number was greyed out so it wouldn't let me select it.  I tried once more and same thing.  It suggests that this update not needed?

Tessa

0 Kudos
Betty0610
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,666 13,651 724 562
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation