Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank Plus 655 Wireless All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 11

I get: Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help. Code: 0x80070057 when trying to get the HP Smart app. I had to connect it using the IP address.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RBixler 

Hello,

The issue comes from Windows, you have to uninstall the printer and reinstall it.

In order to palliate this issue, please try the following solution:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click HP Smart Tank Plus 650 series, then Remove device and Yes.
  4. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  5. Type printui /s /t2, then press Enter. The Print Server Properties window opens in the Drivers tab.
  6. Select HP Smart Tank Plus 650 series, then click Remove..., and then select Remove driver and driver package.
  7. Click OK, then Yes, and then Delete.
  8. Restart the computer.
  9. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  10. Select Manual Setup, then Next, and select Wireless, and then Next.
  11. Select name printer, and then Next.
  12. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer installation.
  13. Try to print and scan.

Please use the HP Smart Tank Plus 650 Wireless All-in-One series Full Software and Drivers to install your printer.

Right-click on Full_Webpack-48.5.4607-STF650_Full_Webpack.exe, then on Run as administrator, and then click Yes. Follow the instructions to install your printer. Try to print and scan.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RBixler 

Hello,

The issue comes from Windows, you have to uninstall the printer and reinstall it.

In order to palliate this issue, please try the following solution:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  2. Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Right-click HP Smart Tank Plus 650 series, then Remove device and Yes.
  4. On the keyboard, simultaneously tap the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
  5. Type printui /s /t2, then press Enter. The Print Server Properties window opens in the Drivers tab.
  6. Select HP Smart Tank Plus 650 series, then click Remove..., and then select Remove driver and driver package.
  7. Click OK, then Yes, and then Delete.
  8. Restart the computer.
  9. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  10. Select Manual Setup, then Next, and select Wireless, and then Next.
  11. Select name printer, and then Next.
  12. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer installation.
  13. Try to print and scan.

Please use the HP Smart Tank Plus 650 Wireless All-in-One series Full Software and Drivers to install your printer.

Right-click on Full_Webpack-48.5.4607-STF650_Full_Webpack.exe, then on Run as administrator, and then click Yes. Follow the instructions to install your printer. Try to print and scan.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I still need help. I followed your instructions; removed the printer in the control panel, removed the package and driver, reinstalled the printer with the web pack and everything worked. I then tried to install HP Smart and received the same error code. I rebooted again and removed the printer and driver and package again. then shut down the computer and printer is still off. I unplugged the usb cable, turned off wifi,unplugged power cord to printer while on, waited more than a few minutes, held power button while plugging the power cord back in, released the power button, had to push power button on again to open panel, turned it back off and attempted to get HP Smart app. I pushed the get button and I had error code Code: 0x80070057.

HP Recommended

I downloaded HP Smart app on CNET and it installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.