Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hP laser jet pro M 15 a
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Until yesterday the pdf connected printer worked. Even though with every update I had to put in time to mske this printer (hp laser jet pro 15 a) Then came the newest update from apple and Hp seems to have forgotten about the people who prefer usb connection. I slready wasted more than 2 hours to solve the Problem to update the Usb connected printer. Do I have to throw the printer away and buy another product from another manufacturer?

please help. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Susa33, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what is the issue?

Are you not able to print? Or, are you not able to install the printer on the Mac?

Make sure the cable is directly connected between the Mac and the printer.

The use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your Mac.

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the Mac? If yes, disable the same for time being.

You may check this in System Information > Applications.

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your Mac:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.