Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Deskjet 2710 All-in-one does not print from Windows 7. Scan and print from phone OK.
Scan works and print from phone works. I suspect problem with Windows 7 drivers.

Samsung Laptop Windows 7 Home Premium. SP1. 64-bit

I did the printer setup and connection to WiFi using phone app. Then used the HP 123 to install SW on laptop.

Works to printing over WiFi from phone
Works to scan over WiFi or USB to PC
Doesn't work to print from PC using
- Notepad or Word
- HP Print & Scan Doctor v5.3.1 (BTW internal test print does work)

Tried all the things on HP Support Virtual agent with
reinstalling printer SW, restarting windows
restart print spooler,
check print port etc

Tried Windows printer install method
Tried Windows eventvwr, saw PrintService errors with missing DLLs eg

The print spooler failed to load a plug-in module C:\windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\FXSUI.DLL
, error code 0x7e.

After copying that DLL from elsewhere to the required location I now get:
"The print spooler failed to share printer HP DJ 2700 series PCL3 with shared resource name HP DJ 2700 series PCL3. Error 2114. The printer cannot be used by others on the network."

I am about to give up after 3 days trying and return the product! ( Then try another brand with different drivers..)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AndrewAB

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.