Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8035e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening,

This is my second printer of the same model. Yes, second printer. Let me explain..

I had this issue before where everything would work dandy and great to where me and the spouse was like "HP has gotten to where they are great again!" until.. not even a few months into owning the printer, it goes from printing just fine to where suddenly, it came up with an error of "Unable to connect to Web Services" and through HP+ customer support's advice, "reset network", "reset to factory settings", "unplug it and re plug it in", "power on and power off", "reset router/modem", and after ALL of that, the printer refused to connect to Web Services and let alone, be set back up in HP Smart app and the HP Easy Smart.

So, since the printer is under warranty and extended warranty, HP replaced the printer for free with the exact same model. New model came in; old model was shipped back to HP. New model was working spick and span! Like it was suppose to!

Until... now. Tonight, came the reckoning of the exact same error as before. AGAIN! After doing all the normal resetting, power on and off, modem/router, factory settings, cold reset, etc, the blasted printer refuses to connect to Web Services and refuses to set up in HP Smart app and HP Easy Smart along with unable to print diddly squat. I even attempted the Google public manual proxy and so forth, still the same issue.

Either someone somewhere has a fix for this once and for all or to any HP employees, please process me a refund for the entire purchase of this printer. This is ridiculous and frustrating that I have to undergo this every so often in less than a year of owning the printer.

Sincerely,

Rage Against the HP Machine

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Those two steps were tried and still was unsuccessful. I managed to get a hold of a higher tier of help through HP customer service this round and they wanted me to try a third same model of printer to see if that same issue and other issues occur. If so, I'll have the choice of refund then. Otherwise, thanks for your assistance in trying to help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.