Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Bonjour,

Je viens de lire attentivement les discussions autour des problèmes avec les imprimantes sur macOS.

Pour ma part, j'avais un iMac et je passe sur un Mac mini sous monterey.

Je ne parviens pas à avoir la partie scanner de mon imprimante hp 3057A, Alors que j'ai suivi toutes les instructions de vos différents post... Ça imprime, mais la partie Scan de mon imprimante est invisible...

Auriez-vous une idée ?

HP Recommended

Sounds easy but no luck.  The installer detects 12.1 and says it is an unsupported version.  Instead of just checking for a minimum OS, apparently HP knows the driver is for MacOS 12 and complains since 12.1 is not 12 😞  It is nearly impossible to talk to anyone live at HP much less to find someone who understand the details of this issue.

HP Recommended

Come on @Jay_G24 and HP.  READ the comments.  We're looking for drivers for MacOS 12.1 (TWELVE DOT ONE).  The current universal driver (released Oct 27) is for MacOS 12 (apparently TWELVE DOT ZERO).  When used on TWELVE DOT ONE, the installer complains that the OS version is not supported.  Giving us the MacOS TWELVE driver is not helpful

HP Recommended

Hi @jw7545 

.... ... . . . .

First download and install the HP Printer drivers for MacOS from the next link:

https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2021/macos/071-46903-20211101-0BD2764A-901C-41BA-9573-C17B8FDC4D90/Hew...

Then go to Preferences > Printers then Add the printer, follow the steps from the next video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7N1D_mV8c&ab_channel=AndroidTechPark

* Click on YES button   to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
Waiting for printer to become available Mac hp Big Sur, Waiting for printer to become available Mac HP 1510, Waiting for printer to become available Mac HP 2021, HP Officejet Pro 8600 Waiting for printer to become available Mac, Waiting for printer to become available CUPS.
HP Recommended

I can't find the answer for solving this issue.  What is it?  

HP Recommended

Hi @JimmyBeal 

.... ... . . . .

First download and install the HP Printer drivers for MacOS from the next link:

https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2021/macos/071-46903-20211101-0BD2764A-901C-41BA-9573-C17B8FDC4D90/Hew...

Then go to Preferences > Printers then Add the printer, follow the steps from the next video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7N1D_mV8c&ab_channel=AndroidTechPark

* Click on YES button   to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, ShlomiL.  Totally solved my problem.

No luck simply plugging in HP Deskjet 1010 printer using generic driver suggested from Mac Add Printer dialogue box.

I downloaded the Drivers link from your post.

I then Reset Printing on my MacBook Pro to remove the previous installation with generic drive

Connected to USB printer (via T-bolt to USBA adaptor), turned on printer, and installed the new driver I had downloaded.

Then added printer, only this time, the Mac Add Printer dialogue opened showing the name of the driver for my specific printer (HP Deskjet 1010).  I am now able to print. 

HP Recommended

Is there a printer driver for mac OS 12.3?

HP Recommended

Are there any printer drivers for any HP printers available anymore? I can't use this stupid "HP Easy Start" - I need the actual drivers so I can deploy these printers to hundreds of users through our management system. I'm not going to have our help desk spend countless hours talking people into running "HP Easy Start" to setup dozens of printers across the planet - unless HP wants to pay for the work!

HP Recommended

Found the answer - download HP Easy Admin and search for the drivers you need. Not very obvious, but it works at least.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.