Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet J4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the Flash Player does not work I can't open the HP Solution Center anymore.

I used the Solution Center to scan my documents to PDF file. 

I heard from a app called HP Scan but i don't now how to install it. 

I installed HP Smart from the Windows Strore but the App didn't find my printer. I think my printer is to old.

Can someone help me to solve this problem.

Hope that HP finds a fix for this problem and bring an Update for older Printer Softwares.

Unbenannt.PNG

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

I had solved the same problem this morning!

First of all I uninstall flash player totaly.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

After this in my windows control panel was still a folder flash player 32 bit.

So I searched for this and found two folders:

c:\windows\system32\macromed and c:\windows\syswow64\macromed.

I have deleted both folders and start the uninstall.exe for remoce flah player again.

Now I checked the removement of the flash player.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

See below on the site.

Restart my system and start the HP printer and scan doctor. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/printscandoctor

This program has missing now some componets of my HP Solution Center. I followed the instruction and install the mssing components.

Restart and my HP Solution Center works fine again!

The main Problem ist to uninstall the flash player totaly!

Nein, dass war nicht die Lösung des Problems.

Der HP Printer and Scanner Doctor hat mir den Flash Player wieder installiert, das war der Grund, warum das HP Solution Center kurzfristig lief. Über den automatischen Adobe Update Dienst wurde es dann wieder deinstalliert und das HP Solution Center läuft wieder nicht.

Versuche jetzt über msconfig die Adobe Update Dienste zu deaktivieren.

Habe jetzt im Autostart und in den Diensten die Adobe Update Dienste deaktiviert. Bis dato läuft mein HP Solution Center wieder. Toi, toi toi!

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi,

Flash Player is retired and no longer working, the HP Solution center software is based on Flash:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

You may install HP Scan Extended, then open the HP Scan Extended from the Programs menu and you should be able to scan:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for the HP Scan link.

That's what i was searching for.

HP Recommended

Nein, dass war nicht die Lösung des Problems.

Der HP Drucker und Scanner Doctor hat mir den Flash Player wieder installiert, das war der Grund, warum das HP Solution Center kurzfristig lief. Über den automatischen Adobe Update-Dienst wurde dann wieder deinstalliert und das HP Solution Center läuft wieder nicht.

Versuche jetzt über msconfig die Adobe Update Dienste zu deaktivieren.

Habe jetzt im Autostart und in den Diensten die Adobe Update Dienste deaktiviert. Bis dato läuft mein HP Solution Center wieder. Toi toi toi!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hey @HermannH !

Hope your doing fine! 🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

MatheusH

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

Hey @HermannH !

Hope your doing fine! 🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

MatheusH

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

Hi Tig77,

unfortunately, I could not understand the explanations in the video. So I am very grateful for your post.

I followed your steps and tried to install the secon-last AdobeFlash version. But the installation can not be done by the system. I get an error message:
"Microsoft Internet Explorer has the latest version of Adobe Flash Player built in. Windows Update will notify you when new versions of Flash Player are available."

I have uninstalled IE and additionally manually searched and deleted all files related to FlashPlayer in the system.

Any idea how to continue?

I need the Solution Center because of the implemented OCR-Software which is missing in the HP programs suggested as replacements.

Thanks for any advice!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.