Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL
Thank you for the information that Solution Center is definitely no longer supported and there will be no update for it - too bad, I was very happy with this tool.

Thanks for the hint about NAPS2, a very nice free software with OCR. It works amazingly well. Nevertheless, you always have to take the detour via PDF to create a text file.

Probably I will invest and purchase the scanning software from I.R.I.S.

andrew

HP Recommended

You’re much welcome @andrew_kangaru,

I've also sent you a private message, please click here to access private messaging.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Still works fine.

Step by step solution:

1.  Disconnect Internet
  2. Uninstall adobe flash and deactivate adobe automatic update
  3. Uninstall HP printer software
  4. Install HP printer software again
  5. Connect Internet

Sorry, my english isn't good!

HP Recommended

Thanks ShlomiL! You saved the day! Your recommendation to install "HP Scan Extended" works just fine on my HP C4480.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.