Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  It is stuck in a loop and it does not matter which answer i choose.  I need to scan now.  Need an immediate solution.

HP Recommended

There's another HP app called HP Scan and Fax which you can get free from the microsoft store and it will scan docs but the file size is much larger, is the only problem I'm having with that one.

HP Recommended

My son told me to just use the Windows Scan and Fax feature instead of the HP app and it worked!

HP Recommended

I found a solution..... use a different app:

HP Scan and Capture: You can download and Install HP Scan and Capture app from Microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store
For more information on how to use this app, refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206

HP Recommended

My son told me to just use the Windows Scan and Fax feature instead of the HP app and it worked!  I clicked on the windows key and typed in scan and fax and it came up.  You can save to your computer or do anything the the HPSmart App does.

HP Recommended

My son told me to just use the Windows Scan and Fax feature instead of the HP app and it worked!  He told me to click on the windows key and search for scan and fax.  Now you don't have to use the HPSmart app

HP Recommended

My son told me to just use the Windows Scan and Fax feature instead of the HP app and it worked!  I was thrilled.  I won't use the HPSmart app anymore

HP Recommended

My son told me to just use the Windows Scan and Fax feature instead of the HP app and it worked!  Use the windows feature instead of the HPSmart app

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and have not been able to get an answer

HP Recommended

Yeah, you just need to find another app.

Also, "HP Printer Assistant" app that is probably already installed on your machine.  Search for it using the Windows search function.  It is a poor-man's version of the "HP Smart" app, but it has most of the functionality.

Also, the full / pay version of Adobe Acrobat has scanning functionality built in.  You can use that too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.