Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

that did not work at all

got VERY frustrated with it again tonight

Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times

Why cant HP support assistant just be deleted?????

I go to reinstall but only came up as DIRECT.....knew that was wrong but tried any way it obviously communicates with the printer as it generated a code......but then no software on the PC and it would not install it...just stayed on for hours .......so i have a pointless code generator if i want to waste hours of my life.....

AS I said....can we just delete ALL HP software......I am now approaching the completely reformat disk point....if i do that then I have to say I will jus see if I can get another printer to connect from a different manufacturer.....not happy.....but it looks like im resurrecting my old crap quality epson.......thats my next plan!

HP Recommended

@ColonialCascade

The HP Print and Scan Doctor might get this sorted out

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from this Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Run PSDR

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

Also, try using the HP Smart App and let me know if that helps. Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-smart/9wzdncrfhwlh

You can refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 for more information on HP Smart App.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Those dont work

How do I remove ALL ALL ALL HP software?

My pc is not letting me uninstall HP Sollutions framework.msi as it says HP Support assistant requires it

So what?  I want it ALL off and clean

simnples.....is this possible please?  I need to try a clean install and i cant with all this dirty stuff lurking about

I just want the printer to work

HP Recommended

ive uninstalled EVERYTHING

then simply done a search for HP on my C Drive.....WOW!!!!  what a load of files ive found!!!  i just want to delete ALL of this crap and its scaring me that i might upset my system!

HP Recommended

@ColonialCascade

Follow the steps in my first post to completely uninstall the printer.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.