Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet MFP 521dn

I´m having trouble adding an MFP 521dn to Jetadmin 10.4 SR4. It throws a "Communication Error: HPWSProAdapter Service is not started" error. We have other HP printers added without problems, but this one insn´t working. I have tried this solution, but didn´t work: https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c04746266

Besides, it is running on a VMWare ESXi VM with a single network adapter, so the previous fix should not apply, but I tried anyway.

I also saw someone post about certificate encryption using MD5 instead of SHA, but I renewed the self-signed certificate, using SHA, and it didn´t work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

please deinstall the current version and try with HP Web Jetadmin 10.4 SR3 64 bit SW build 10.4.103287.

You can download the version via this link: https://ithaus.sharefile.eu/d-s92dd8e2fd5a47779

In my cases it worked with this version and I suspect the current Web Jetadmin version has a bug.

Regards

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with a few new installations of Web Jetadmin 10.4 SR4 with FP8, 64 bit SW (J6052-10583.exe) and Pro systems.

Is the M521dn the only Pro system in the Web Jetadmin that does not work or are there other models as well?

Is the HPWSProAdapter service running?

Which os is installed on the server?

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

I have other printers like an m533, a p4015 and an m4345, but neither of these are "Pro" models, and all work fine with Jetadmin. The server is running on a Windows 7 x64 VM, and the HPWSProAdapter Service is running. I tried restarting it but to no avail.

HP Recommended

Hi,

please deinstall the current version and try with HP Web Jetadmin 10.4 SR3 64 bit SW build 10.4.103287.

You can download the version via this link: https://ithaus.sharefile.eu/d-s92dd8e2fd5a47779

In my cases it worked with this version and I suspect the current Web Jetadmin version has a bug.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks, it worked! It´s too bad this printer model apparently does not support the per user utilization report, which would be great now that it is properly detected

HP Recommended

As long as you use an HP driver and all necessary ports are open it should work. Of course, the data collection must also be activated for this device.

But for such a report I recommend a solution such as SafeCom or Equitrac.

HP Recommended

Hi,

i have an higher Version 10.4.104106 SR4 but i have the same issue. I don´t want to downgrade.

I have the problem with a M501dn Printer. All other devices works fine.

Is there a setting on the printer that must be enabled? In the Web Jetadmin it shows "Communication error: HPWSProAdapter-Servie" Service is not started. But all other devices works.

HP Recommended

because this problem is still a thing, does someone have a download link for the 10.4 SR3 Verison that is working?

Google did not help in my case.....

HP Recommended

There seems to be no setting within the printer you can change this behavior. All our "M...professional"-Printers reacted like that using the newest WJA. So we go back to Version 10.4.103287 and it worked again.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, evaluating JedAdmin right now, planning to use it for our small fleet of PageWide Pros and Manageds (7 devices in total).

None of the Pagewides show up without the aforementioned error. I am running the latest version of Web JetAdmin 10.4 SR5.

Funnily enough the one non-HP printer/MFP we have (a Brother) can connect just fine. Also had access to an OfficeJet 3830. Connected it to our network for test purposes and ran the discovery. Tada: It works completely fine!

Does this bug with the Pagewides seriously still exist? I cannot believe it 😕

@HP anything you can recommend? This way the software (and to some extent your printers) are pretty useless....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.