Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My hp Envy 7255e will not print the jAvery labels.    I must have to change jsome 'setting but what is it and

where is it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @CJC444

Welcome to HP Support Community. 
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with printing Avery labels from your HP Envy 7255e All-In-One Printer.

I suggest that you follow the steps listed below:
1. Open Microsoft Word, click on "Tools" and then "Letters and Mailings." Choose "Envelopes and Labels" from the menu, then click the "Labels" tab.
2. Check your box of labels for the label number. Microsoft Word has templates for all kinds of Avery labels, so if you have a choice, be sure to purchase that brand. If you do purchase a different brand of labels, look on the box for an Avery equivalent number. 
3. Change the type of label by clicking on the "Label" panel in the lower right-hand portion of the window. A new window will open up with a list of labels you can choose. Choose the appropriate label number and click "OK."
4. Place the labels in the printer, then type the text into the box at the top left-hand corner of the window then click "Print." Your labels will now be sent to the printer.
Let me know if this works.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I appreciate your response.  But somewhere along the line, there is a glitch!

1.  I go to Word, check Mailings and then check Labels.

2.  I enter the Avery template number which is on the package of labels...I see no 

"new window open with a list of labels.  I typed it in manaually.   I choose:   a Single

label because I am about to type in 8 different name/addresses.  I do that and then go

to Word...File...Print....and there they are.   This has been my process for years.

I am using 94224....1" x 3" and the labels come out about 1/4 inch ABOVE the label where it should be.

I have..not...before had to do any print alignment,etc.

I was able to chat with an Avery tech...and he was distressed that I was doing this project in Word and not in 'Avery' and that it was saved in Word and not Avery.   I have never seen an option to save a project in 'Avery'.  So obviously I am off track somewhere.   I find using Avery...far, far too confusing and unnecessary at least for me.

I have just switched from Windows to a mini Mac and had to upgrade the printer from a Canon pixma to an hp Envy 7255e.

Nothing works the same !!!   Any suggestions ??   thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @CJC444,

Thank you for replying to us.

This issue might require one on one interaction to fix it.

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help.   I have been printing addresses on Avery labels for Christmas Cards every year for at least 10 years.  I know about templates, and entering individual addresses, etc.  Something has changed, or the name of an option has changed...something.   All looks fine on the screen and the printer churns it out...but the words run about 1/4 inch too high for

the labels.   Yes...I use the correct number for the template.   thanks

HP Recommended

@CJC444

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.