Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm in the same boat waiting on these mysterious elusive reset instructions that are never correctly sent to my private messages. I have a 200 dollar paperweight. Can anyone forward these on to me as well?

HP Recommended

@w138nas

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Printer do you have?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!​​​​​​

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The same printer model as this discussion thread. 9015.

HP Recommended

@w138nas

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Guess I need a reset also. HP OfficeJet 9015.

I attempteed to remove all software ans drivers and unplugging the power cord both at the printer and the wall outlet. When I plug back in, I get a message saying "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink." Wifi shows connected on the printer and I have an Instant Ink account. Can not access anything on the printer screen except "Hide" . When i click "Hide" I get a message stating "Align the Printhead". The only available softbutton is "Continue". After clicking on this a page presents "Printing the alignment page" with a progress circle. This continues basically forever.

Looks like this is a common problem based on this post string. Wish they could figure out an easier way to resolve.

HP Recommended

@jimr947

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Support Menu >Resets Menu>Semi-Full Reset

1.             While applying power, press and hold Power button for 5 sec.  

2.             Press BL, BL, BL, BL Buttons, in sequence. Note - BL is the bottom left or the Back icon. Continue to tap on it      even when it is not illuminated.   

3.             Touch Support Menu.  

4.             Press Right arrow for Reset Menu and Touch OK.  

5.             Press Right arrow for Semi-Full Reset and Touch OK.  

6.             Wait for unit to Power Down/Turn Off.  

Press Power button to turn the Printer On.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and cannot figure out how to reset my printer

Leslie
HP Recommended

Hello. My printer has also stopped working, and requires a reset. Can you please send me the instructions?

HP Recommended

@Leslkie @jltski

Which Printer do you have?

Let us know 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.