Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 7855 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to log in on HP Smart App on my laptop but I am unable to do that now. I am able to login with my Phone and iPad with no issues but as far as my laptop I just keep getting a white screen. I talk to support but all they were able to do is log me in on my other devices and since that went well they just cut it short there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the HP Smart App with the same issue. I got on the HP support site and found a question that I am having an issue with and it said that I need to load up HP Easy Start which I can't find.  I scan all my business receipts on my laptop and would like to get this part working again. 

Noodles38_0-1609432795066.png

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Noodles38 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

Normally, Easy Start, when it is available, is located in category Software and Drivers > sub-category Software-Utility.  There might be exceptions to that rule but it is the first place to check...

If you have not done so, download-save-install the Full Feature Software for the printer

HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software 

About 2/3 of the way through the setup, you will be given the opportunity to select the software - select the "Full" driver set (as opposed to the basic driver).

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.

Full driver provides print and scan functions (even if HP Smart continues to be stubborn).

==========================================================================

Example - Printer Assistant shortcut and (blue) HP Scan shortcut on the Desktop

Printer_Assistant_Shortcut_Icon_on_DesktopPrinter_Assistant_Shortcut_Icon_on_Desktop

Example

Place photos / receipts on flatbed / glass

Open HP Scan

Select to Save as PDF (document) or Save as JPEG (image)

Set options, including Page Size = Detect Photos (or, for Document > Detect Content on Page)

Check / Adjust settings in More >

Click OK to save out of any sub-menu

When ready, Click Scan

Examples

NOTE:  PDF and Image scan setup is similar - be sure to check in More > sub-categories for additional settings.

9025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_39025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_3

9025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_More_Document_19025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_More_Document_1

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you Dragon-Fur, I just reinstalled the HP Smart app and I am still having trouble signing in and this is after I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I didn't get very far once it asks for you to sign up or sign in. I am not sure why but i think my antivirus software is stopping it from reaching out.  

HP Recommended

@Noodles38 

You are welcome.

You  mentioned you have work to complete - use HP Scan or other applications to get that done.

========================================================================

If HP Smart is not responding to uninstall / restart / install new copy...

Yes, Security software can suddenly decide that certain access points are not allowed.  Most security software will allow you to add an exception to allow software to run.

Could be your login - normally, one would use the HP Account (userid and password).

Could be that the application is tangled up in the Windows File System.  This is the hardest to fix, of course, and could require that you consider reloading Windows.   There is no method to prove this is necessary - and whether or not you get to that point where you consider the option is your decision.  Just "putting it out there" in case NOTHING else works and you want it fixed.

Could be that your system needs to be forced to start "fresh" and not use any "previously" stored boot information.  Unlikely, but perhaps worth a try.  Forced Restart does not harm a healthy system and does not remove your data.  It is just a hardware "kick" to get the computer to use the boot instructions in the installed Windows Operating System.

“Press and Pray” 

Forced Restart / Boot

If there are boot issues that prevent a complete or clean boot of the Operating System,

IF there is not actually anything wrong with the windows installation or the File System,

Then

The following procedure might resolve the issue.

1. Unplug everything, including power and all other externally connected components
  2. Press and hold down the power button for thirty (30) to forty (40) seconds
  3. Release the power button
  4. Plug in only basic components needed to start / boot the computer

• Desktop:  Connect Power, wired mouse and keyboard, HDMI to monitor (and monitor is powered on).  Make sure Power is properly connected and all the way plugged in on both wall and machine.
  • Notebook:  Connect AC Power.  Make sure Power properly connected and is all the way plugged in on both wall and machine.

1. Switch on the system with power button - Click power and release (as for normal boot)

Hoped for Results:

• System switches on, monitor active, mouse and keyboard responsive

When the system reboots,

1. Log in
  2. Connect LAN (Ethernet)
  3. Connect other components (USB, external webcam, speakers...)
  4. General housekeeping (checks, more staring at it)

=========================================================================

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Is it really necessary to login into the App in order to use the scan feature? I mean I scan stuff to my computer, not to the Cloud 

HP Recommended

@Noodles38 

Yes, it is necessary to log into the HP Smart application with your HP Account to use the application.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am having trouble logging into HP smart app on my PC, I try multiple times but it wouldn't work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.