Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1102
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I use USB printer (no WiFi). Any JPEG or JPG file I try to print is printed with a blank space (please see the attached picture). If I copy the picture to .DOC or PDF file, the file is printed fine (no blank spaces), With every JPG file the blank space is the same. At first I deleted temporary files and restarted spooler service. Then I tried uninstalling the printer, deleting the drivers and files, restarting etc.  At first there was an error - I was unable to do clean uninstall, but I fixed the registry by downloading a fix ("MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab"). Then I was able to uninstall the printer completely. However after reinstall the issue persists. According to HP Print doctor there is no problem, the test page prints fine. I use latest driver (published on March, 15, 2021). Thanks for help. 

IMG_20210406_0001.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sionell, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are facing issues while printing an image. Have you tried printing any different photos and check if the issue persists?

Which application are you using to print the images?

If the printer prints a PDF or DOC file fine, it means this is an application-specific issue. Try using a different application. Print images from a web browser and check.

You may use windows photo viewer or Picasa.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Image 178.pngHello again. 

1. I have done clean reinstall of the driver again. I attached the driver details from Event Viewer. Is "InstallStatus 0x0"  all right? 

Sionell_0-1618255576737.png

2. I tried printing different JPG file (email attachment) from Opera and it printed fine. However when I print directly from Windows Photo Viewer, there is blank column 10 cm wide in the middle of a page.

3. i tried to use copy function on my scanner. I simply scan the picture and then press copy button and the printer prints empty page. When I scan to PDF file, save it to the PC the image prints fine again. This troubles me the most as I use the copy function often. 

Thank you for your help. 

HP Recommended

@Sionell

As the copy is also not printing fine, it looks like a hardware issue. Check the ink levels and replace any low/empty ink toner.

Perform the steps from this document - Fixing Poor Print Quality

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. How can it be toner issue when all else is printing fine? If I convert ANY jpeg/jpg picture to PDF, it prints without any problem (it prints without blank space). If printing JPG file, the blank space is allways in the same place. Both the computer and printer are HP, so I do not understand what is happening. Is the driver installed successfully or not? I think it may be firewall blocking the printer. I will try to configure the firewall and report back. I have found that my antivirus software has known issue blocking HP printers.. https://support.eset.com/en/kb2899-my-application-printer-or-other-external-device-is-not-working-wi...

HP Recommended

@Sionell

The firewall does not affect the print quality. It would however create communication problems between the devices. Making a copy on the printer does not involve any drivers/software. If the printer is not able to make copies/print test pages fine, then we conclude it to be a hardware issue either with the printer or the ink toners.

If you have tried the steps from this document - Fixing Poor Print Quality, and the issue persists, please reach out to HP Technical Support for further assistance as we have already tried all the steps.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.