Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This is the link that doesn't work because it does not have the option of OS Big Sur 11.0.1. So the only driver I could install is an OS of 10 and even then the date of the PhotoSmart C4780 driver is from 2014. A solution is needed from HP for an updated print drivers that work with Big Sur.

@ShlomiL

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on a Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One. Not found a solution that works yet.

HP Recommended

I think we all have to wait for HP to do something about it. too much time a-wasted, trying 2 figure it out 4 ourselves.

HP Recommended

Just found a solution for my HP LaserJet 1012 printer's issue. Got this from a kind user over in the Apple Support forum.

Downloaded Gutenprint. https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/

Installed their drivers. 

In System Preferences>Printers deleted (-) the HP LaserJet 1012. Then added (+) Printer and in the Use section, selected Gutenprint driver.  Now everything works!  

My 15 year old HP LaserJet 1012 is still going strong!

HP Recommended

Have not been able to print since installing Big Sur yesterday.  Have not found anything helpful on HP sites.  My printer in an 8600 Plus all in one.  NEVER experienced any difficulty prior.  Purchased printer in 2014. 

HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL-Thank you for your recommended work-around.  I was able to progress further than I have after investing hours during the past two days.  I still cannot print anything yet I sense I'm almost there since I made it to the point where I saw a box titled Connecting to Device and within it there was a continuously cycling blue colored bar with a message below it stating "Printing-waiting for the printer to become available".    If you have further advice, please share it.  Again, I've experienced NO problems with my 8600+ Office Jet Pro until I installed Apple's latest operating system called Big Sur.

HP Recommended

I did the same for my HP laser jet 1018 printer. Tried drivers from 1012, 1015, 1022.
My printer did not print ((

HP Recommended

I have a HP Laserjet P1007 Printer. Not able to use it after the update of MAC Big Sur

HP Recommended

On another thread, I mentioned the possibility of using a Raspberry Pi as a printer server so that the Mac will see it as a wireless printer.  Someone else had the same idea and has gotten it to work.  See this article: <https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/raspberry-pi-print-server>.  I happen to have a Raspberry Pi Zero W that I'm not using.  I'll try the suggestions in this article and report back, maybe late next week.

HP Recommended

my printer is not listed in the Gutenberg site. now what?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.