Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Was told that HP needs to resolve the issue of their "certificate expiration."  Reinstalling software did NOT work for me.  Really depressed..

HP Recommended

I'm using my iMac Pro..catalina up to date

HP Recommended

Apple support continues to say this is an HP issue that HP is currently working on. I too have uninstalled the software and installed the latest drivers with no luck.  The error window is beyond annoying ! Very frustrated with HP! 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I had the same thing happen and I cant get out of it because it is still in the process of uploading the software-even though it was interrupted by the malware popup. The last time i had the malware popup I had to get a new computer and scrub the old one.

HP Recommended

@Erika88 - Force quit the installer and follow the instructions I posted in the other thread.

Apple -> Force Quit... -> Installer

HP Recommended

I can ignore the message as you suggest-but my files from Microsoft are still not printing due to original Malware warning after I followed your steps. It seems like we have to just wait for apple to update the certificate? I have had the same problem with connecting to wifi networks after most recent update. Not sure what is happening here.

HP Recommended

Had this downloaded but it said "0 results found" for every printer name/model #/ or serial number I tried so I could not complete the process of registering my printer.

HP Recommended

No matter how often I uninstall and install the software different ways, my computer still says some information could not be downloaded.  Apple support tried to see if I could select a "generic printer" option, but I could not.  Then I was told that if my printer was wireless there may be some way around the problem.  But my printer is an old Deskjet that had been working perfectly fine until today. 

I was then told by Apple support that there was nothing they could do and I should call HP.  The 1-800 number directed me to the website and then disconnected, the website said my warranty had expired and my only option was to post on this community group!

When HP will solve their certificate expiration problem, nobody can tell.  Apple support said, "I hope it isn't a month or nobody will buy their printers again!"  I am a teacher and I desperately need to print. 

HP Recommended
Download, install, then uninstall and reinstall your printer!
You're welcome!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.