Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet Pro MPF M281cdw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Starting yesterday, October 24, 2020 I can no longer print any documents from my Macbook Pro directly to my network printer (its an HP Color Laserject  Pro MPF M281cdw). . Each time I try, an error message window pops up saying "HPDM.framework” will damage your computer. I also get similar windows for other HP files saying they are malware. It seems  HP had its driver  certificate revoked. In the  meantime, I  can print by sending docs to my iPad and then using AirPrint, but its is very inconvenient. Please get your software certificate signed so we can use it from my Macbook Pro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package (From HP FTP) which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...
The install takes a bit. Let it run, even if it seems like it stalled out!

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If the link comes up blank, try right clicking and saving it. If you install this package and still have trouble, try restarting. Then go about uninstalling your printer and reinstalling by going through Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then restart your computer.

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63
HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package (From HP FTP) which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...
The install takes a bit. Let it run, even if it seems like it stalled out!

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If the link comes up blank, try right clicking and saving it. If you install this package and still have trouble, try restarting. Then go about uninstalling your printer and reinstalling by going through Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then restart your computer.

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help Bryan, your solution worked perfectly!

HP Recommended

This did not work for me. Other option?

HP Recommended

Link won't open, says page doesn't exist

HP Recommended

Your suggestion worked, sort of. I installed the suggested software from the link, rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer (Laserjet CP3525dn), and rebooted again. The message " 'HPDM.framework' will damage your computer" did not go away. When I try to print a document, the printer queue says it cannot find the printer. But then, when I click the "OK" button on the message about the HPDM.framework situation, the document prints! Go figure. At least for now, I can print. This is so crazy. Is this an HP issue or is it bizarre malware?

HP Recommended

Update: What worked for me was to first uninstall everything, then upload  and install the FTP link. Once that is installed, then reinstall from Easy Set-up. Anyway, it worked for me, I got a clean installation and no more error  message windows.

HP Recommended

This started for me today, Oct. 25.  I performed the "solution" that was suggested, but I keep getting the message: 

Safari can't resume this download , The file “hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4.pkg-2.download” doesn’t appear to be a valid download file.

I am using MAC OS Catalina...Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Update 2: I was using Google Chrome for the FTP download.

HP Recommended

You have to wait for the entire download. it should not end with ".download"

If you try these suggestions, please start a new post and message me with the link. I will help you there. I am no longer following this thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.