Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I tried the solution by downloading software from the link.  I installed and reinstalled the printer.  I Restarted.  I did a Shut Down. I still get the message.  I have macOS Catalina 10.15.7.  Anything else I can do?

HP Recommended

The link didn't work.

When I typed the address in I got a message that the page does not exist.

HP Recommended

I have tried multiple times to download the .pkg file to no avail, get to various points of completion, and comes back with a "download error."

HP Recommended

Thank you man! However, these steps only solved the 2 OTHER HPPrinter-related error messages(I had 3 of them in total, including the HPDM one). I took the extra step of moving to trash bin the actual Unix-Ex program called "HPDM", restarted again and reinstalled my OfficeJet Pro 6968 and voila! The HPDM error message totally went away and my printer started working again on my MBPro.

HP Recommended

Yes, exactly right. Before I started to uninstall all HP apps, I first manually deleted any that the error window was telling me. Just press the button to “Show in Finder”, send to trash and it’s done. After that, I completely trashed all HP apps (Easy Scan, Smart Set-up, etc) and then downloaded the FTP file. For me, I used Chrome and it didn’t take long but I have Gig speed internet. Once the download was done, I then reinstalled “Easy Setup” and everything worked perfectly. This was all for my 2017 MacBook Pro. I also have an iMac, but it was not effected by the certificate revocation. Thanks to Bryan for this suggestion, saved me a lot of trouble shooting time.

HP Recommended

Thank heavens for @BryanCustomPure lol he should make threads/new posts explaining his solution and have HP bump them up in all forums relating to HP printers/MacsOS's. I've never gotten involved in any HP forums until now..due to those darn erros(which are essentially caused by Apple).

HP Recommended

When this problem started for me today (10/26/20), I uninstalled the HP software using their Uninstaller and reinstalled.  That didn't help, plus I don't have an Uninstaller app any more either....  Next I downloaded the "hp-printer-essentials-S-5_14_8_4.pkg" recommended here (Safari wouldn't let me, but Firefox let me download it).  When I try to open this package the error message is: "The Operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error-1).  Is there something else you could recommend to help?

Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing the link!  It worked great on one MacBook Pro (Catalina 10.15.7) but the other one it did not work on.

Will keep looking for a solution.  

HP Recommended

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 here in Vermont. On my MacBook Pro I am getting the message HPDeviceMonitoring,framework" will damage your computer. It seems that some idiot at HP instructed Apple to no longer recognize the credentials for this connected printer. I've had the printer for 4 years and it is no longer under warranty so apparently HP won't even talk to me. The HP website is of no help and I have no idea what printer driver I need to install or how to download it. This is outrageous. HP should have proactively contacted each printer owner and given them  advance notice and made printer drivers easily accessible. I have another HP printer in Massachusetts and now I'm going to have to deal with thjat as well.  I hope I don;'t have to b uy new printers because of this mess. If I do they certainly won't b e HP printers !!!!

HP Recommended

StanInAuburn, your procedure also worked for me.  I'll add just a bit of detail regarding my experience:

1.  I used HPUninstaller to uninstall all the HP files and folders.  Don't worry about this ... you'll be able to use HP Easy Start later to download and reload everything for your printer.

2.  I had already downloaded the FTP link, which was a file that ended with .pkg.  I opened and and installed that package.

3.  I opened HP Easy Start and it found my printer.  It will give you the choice of downloading the essential software and Easy Scan.  Tick the two boxes for both the essential software and Easy Scan.  This process will take a while so remain patient.  Eventually everything will install.

At the end of the installation, the test page printed and the scanner was working as well.  And the message I was getting about the "HPDM.framework" will damage your computer was gone.  Thanks all for the help and I hope this added info will assist the cause.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.