Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the HP ENVY 6430: I can not find out how to locate the printout selection to printout multi photo's on one page, it is in there somewhere but, I just can't locate it, The paperwork assists in setting the printer up ,but, that's as far as it goes. The actual manual is very economical with the instructions. A total of nine hours searching so far.  Can someone please help me with this issue. Aged 74 & disabled & by no means technical.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dorothylake 

Welcome to the HP Community.

Are you using

Windows computer running Windows 10 (or Windows 11)

and

HP Smart for Windows application?

If yes, then printing "multiple photos on one sheet of paper" is easy as long as you don't want the photos "extra tiny".

NEED tiny photos? 

Yes, you can do tiny photos and "lots on a paper" but the whole process becomes more complicated...

Let us know which kind of computer / device you are using .

Let us know which Operating System you are running on that device.

General Example - HP Smart - Windows - Multiple Photos per Sheet

HP_Smart_W10_Multiple_Photos_per_Sheet_All_2HP_Smart_W10_Multiple_Photos_per_Sheet_All_2

================================================================================

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Pro 6430 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

HI, Thank you for responding, I have a desktop pc using W-10 / Microsoft edge, I know it is possible to select the multi page of photographs as I did do it once, but, I had spent so much time searching how to do it I became over tired & can not remember how I did it, However, what I wanted to do was print out a small passport photo for my husbands over 70s licence reclaim, but since this cry for help I have discovered another way of how to manipulate the image to the exact vertical & horizontal sizes I require, But it would be nice to be in possession of the knowledge of how to reach the choice of the different amount of pictures on the one sheet. I had all this on my old printer & it was so much less complicated than this 6430, Who said progress is better. Know anyone whom wants to buy a HP ENVY 6430....lol.

Regards.      Dorothy.

PS: felt so much better after a couple of Valium.

HP Recommended

@dorothylake 

You are welcome.

Good that you found the information you wanted.

The example in my first post shows how to print multiple photos using HP Smart for Windows.

The only issue (if there is one) is that the size of the photos on the paper is limited to a few "pre-set" sizes.

The example shows 4x6 and there are a few others - nothing wallet sized.

Commentary

Many of us miss one of the most popular printing software programs ever available in the HP printer software arsenal -  retired in 2019 - HP Photo Creations.  Sign.

For those reading - Two easy options to print tiny photos...

Windows Photos can print a single, small "wallet sized" photo on your paper.

The following example assumes you have the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software installed and that you have also installed the HP Smart Windows application.

Open Windows Photos > Open your photo to print > Click Print icon

Adjust settings and Print...

The following example leaves the paper size to Letter and the paper type to plain.

It is easy enough to adjust those settings.

For example, printing on a little 4x6 photo paper would be nice.

Example - Windows Photos > Print > Select photo settings and Print

Photos_Print_Wallet_1Photos_Print_Wallet_1

=========================================================================

One method still around from Microsoft:

The older and rather brilliant "Windows Photo Viewer" can print "Wallet" sized photos.

The old software is likely still lurking in your Windows 10 Operating System.

The following article explains:

Microsoft Community - Easy Guide: How to Print Wallet Size Photos Using the Photo Printing Wizard 

NOTE - As mentioned in the article,

There is a "photos per page" limitation.

This means you can print up to nine of your photos on a page of "Wallet" size prints.

Additional prints (beyond the nine) are added on a separate piece of paper.

========================================================================

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.