Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The date was December 27, 2015. I guess this caused the problem?!

Thank you so much again for your time to advise me!

HP Recommended

Yes I would say that is the root cause of why you could not connect.

Happy Web Printing :TongueOut:

HP Recommended
Hi I have the Envy 4520 and have had it awhile. Have been connected to web services since I bought it for instant ink year and half ago at least. Now for some reason its not connecting. Tried all of the above except I can't find anywhere to change the date when I go to my IP address to see if that might be my problem. No where on printer also. Can someone please direct me more specifically where to change my date. I can't print anything right now. Help!!
HP Recommended

I'd be happy to help @Rbagwill,

Please provide me with either you Instant Ink account or the email address you used to enroll. I ask that you do not post this information publicly, instead, send me a private message. 

How To Send A Private Message - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Did you get my message? I sent you my email but have not heard back from you. My printer will not print due to this issue. I have canceled my Instant Ink subscription but will still have access thru the 18th. I need this error message gone way before then please.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone.

SOLVED...........yup

I bought a HP 7740, installed it, customized my printer email,..........then it would not print via email.

What happened?

I changed the default email address to a custom one - B E F O R E - registering it (the default one) with HP.

FIX -

1. Reset network settings

2. Setup Web services

3. Log into your account online

4. Chage the email address  ONLY AFTER IT SHOWS THE ONE PRINTED ON YOUR SHEET!!!

This works..... 🙂

HP Recommended

I know this is an extremely old post but I'm hoping you can assist. I've done everything you instructed the other person to do however my printer will still not connect. Can you please please please assist.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

@Hunnie

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about Community posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Printers - Turning Off Web Services

This document is for HP printers that support web-connected printing services.
After turning off Web Services, your printer can no longer communicate over the Internet with the HP server to access web-connected printing services, such as HP ePrint. Turning off Web Services is recommended if you plan to sell your printer, transfer HP Smart accounts, or no longer plan to use web-connected printing services.
NOTE: 
If you have an HP+ printer, web services are automatically enabled during printer setup. Go to 123.hp.com to download the HP Smart app, and then set up your printer. To remove web services, perform a printer reset to restore factory default settings.
If you are currently using web-connected printing services, the following services and features do not work after turning off Web Services:
  • HP ePrint email: Disables the HP ePrint printer email address.
  • HP Instant Ink: Blocks communication between your printer and HP Instant Ink. Monthly enrollment and billing continues.
    • Without Web Services, the HP server cannot communicate with the printer to monitor ink levels. HP Instant Ink cannot send new ink cartridges, and the printer might stop printing. If you enrolled in the HP Instant Ink service, you need to cancel your HP Instant Ink service separately.
    • To continue using your HP Instant Ink service, turn on Web Services, and then follow the instructions on the info page to add your printer to HP Smart.
  • Print Anywhere: Disables the Print Anywhere feature.
  • HP Printer Apps: Disables all HP Printer Apps.

Restart the printer, router, and computer

Resolve any error states by restarting network-connected devices.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer. These connection types can prevent the printer from connecting to the wireless network.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the Wi-Fi router, wait fifteen seconds, reconnect the cord, and then wait for the lights to display a connected status.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Turn on the printer.

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

5.7.1.014 11.5 MB Dec 8, 2022 Download

JessikaV
    HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.