Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Mac Book Air
Other

Hi there,

I believe I am not the only one struggling with the printer issue after Mac update.

Since the Update for Mac (BigSur) the printer cannot be installed, no software is available.

Tried contacting HP support team as well as Mac Support team several times, of no use.

I cannot print/scan.

Anyone else has an idea or knows when the new drivers will be ready? or any alternative means of installation of driver?

Thank you!

HP LaserJet M1005

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@mithukutty, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Here is the link to download and install the printer software- https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_S...

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

dear Tej,

the link did not work. 

the system is saying we were not able to automatically locate the software options for this product. Please go to the HP website and search for the product. and the driver that I downloaded HPPrinterDrivers5.1.dwg did not work either. 

I would appreciate if team HP could give us all a solution ASAP> 

thank you so much 

Sandeep 

HP Recommended

@SB40000

I understand your concern, will pass on the feedback to the concerned team.

Also, if you need remote assistance on this issue, please reach out to the HP Support in your region.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No hp printer updates are available for MAC OS BigSur.. Kindly provide the same soon or will have to change the printers in our institute.

HP Recommended

Please make it fast

HP Recommended

@user0211, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. To assist you better, did you try using this link to download HP Easy Start and check if that helps?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IT DOES WORK THE IT DOWNLOADS THE SOFTWARE BUT IT DOES NOT OPEN HP EASY DIALOGUE OR SOFTWARE

MANUALLY OPENED IT WITH RAR UTILITY BUT IT DOES NOT INSTALL ON MAC

I AM USEING MAC 0S 11.2.3 BUILD

HP Recommended

@SANDEEP0010, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Are you trying to install the printer on the Mac?

How is the printer connected to the Mac?

Did you use the HP Smart app from the App store or the Airprint driver?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Cannot install HP laserjet M1005 MFP even after downloading the latest HP smart

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.