Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Photosmart Premium C410 Series
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello,

After 10 years of happy printing with my awesome HP Photosmart Premium C410 series all-in-one printer, I am experiencing the below printer driver errors. I have tried to reset the printing system, restart and reinstall drivers twice and the error shows up again. If this means my printer is not supported on MAC OS 10.15.7 and I need to buy a new one, I would be very disappointed. Please help.

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 19.15.37.jpgScreenshot 2020-10-23 at 19.15.44.jpgScreenshot 2020-10-23 at 19.16.29.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Don't use the Easy Start or Easy Admin. After downloading and installing the package, use the driver you used previously.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

I would first try resetting the print system and setting up the printer again.

If that does not work then make sure you have the latest version of software installed for your device.

You can download that installer here.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Apple also just posted an update to this driver package.  It is most likely newer than the one previously posted.

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US

HP Recommended

Hello IronBadger,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I have downloaded the HP printer drivers v5.1 pack via the link you previously shared (https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US), after have reset my printer systems. and reinstalled my printer.  I unfortunately got the same error again. 

Any other ideas? Shall I call HP technical support next week?

Thanks

HP Recommended

OK.  I'm not sure if this is related to a security update from Apple today or not.  We are seeing lots of other issues because of it though.

Let's try a more manual approach.

1. Keep that software package you downloaded handy.

2. Open System Preferences and select Printers & Scanners

3. ResetThe Print System by <control> clicking or <right> clicking on the list of printers and selecting "Reset printing system".  This will delete all queues and do an integrity check on the printing system as a whole.

4. manually delete the hp print software by going to the ~Library/Printers folder and dragging the "hp" folder to the trash

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 3.39.36 PM.png

5. Just to make sure everything unloads I recommend rebooting at this point.

6. After the macOS is ready locate the .pkg file you downloaded and double click to open.

7. Follow the prompts to install

8. Open System Preferences and select Printers & Scanners

9. Select the "+" to add the printer again.

10. Test to see if this resolves the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Yes, this issue might very well have arisen after the latest Apple security update.

I do not want to discourage you, but I did find these exact same steps online prior to posting on this forum. I diligently followed them, rebooted and reinstalled. With the same error showing up again unfortunately. I do believe that the driver pack is not compatible with the latest version of MacOs (after security update), but more than happy to try something else if you can think of another approach.

Thanks again 🙂

HP Recommended

Well we have Apple and our software team working on it.  Unfortunately, we (HP) do not control this particular software bundle as it was handed over to Apple to use in their automatic software updates.

Hopefully we see an update soon as I do not believe this printer supports AirPrint and I am at a loss without an update to the certificate.

HP Recommended

OK and yes, this printer does not support airprint unfortunately. Many thanks for your help and all the info on this anyway (I feel less lonely facing this issue). I can still print from my (android) phone, so will do this while Apple/HP software team work on the issue.

There has been a general issue when upgrading to catalina already though, which saw me loose the capability to scan using the MacOS GUI, and so I had to revert to a 3rd party software (view scan) which I am very happy with.

It would be a real shame to have to invest in a new printer, when my actual printer works perfectly fine. The Photosmart Premium c410 is a top notch printer and I recently started printing photos again to write to my family's older generation which never entered the tablet age. This came very handy, but will now be more of a pain from my phone 😞

Do keep this thread posted with any update, I cannot wait for a resolution here 🙂

HP Recommended

I Have the same problem since the last update. Apple said its the driver. it looks like its corrupt. I have the same problem with a kodak printer the problem is apple don't support kodak so i am guessing that my C2580 all in one is now too old and  HP are not supporting the software 

HP Recommended

This package has updated certificates, which is what is likely causing your problem.

Download, install, then, if necessary, uninstall and reinstall your printer!
You're welcome!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.