Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes, I did my research, and found that the only HP printers that are reliable are the Laser models.  For Inkjet printers, the best and least expensive to use are the Epson ET series.

As for Drivers, I have an HP Laserjet 2430DTN, which has been very reliable (only had to replace the rubber pickup rollers about 10 years ago).   The issue is that HP no longer supports drivers for the current macOS.  Fortunately, I had a driver from 5-6 years ago that still works, however, we no longer use this printer, since the cost of using the Epson is about the same (2-3 cents per page), and it does color.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! Been struggling to find a proper solution for my USB connected HP Deskjet 3050a Printer!

HP Recommended

Click on the Apple Icon in the top left corner and select "App Store" from the dropdown menu

Within the App Store, search "HP Smart for Desktop". This is the desktop version of the mobile app. 

After installing, then launching the desktop app – search and add your printer. 

You should now be able to print and scan. It seems HP is not releasing official driver software outside of the Apple App Store. This could be an Apple thing. 

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I have an HP Laserjet 2430DTN - which is NOT SUPPORTED by HP Smart (Dumb).  Therefore referring me to the App Store to download the HP Smart utility was incorrect.  As it turns out, the old driver [HPPrinterDrivers5.1.pkg] (which is no longer available on the HP web site) from 2020 still works (with macOS Sonoma 14.3)

HP Recommended

This works and is preferable to the web-based version of HP Smart [sic] but it's slow and you don't get as many print options (e.g. print in black & white). And you have to download everything first.

HPPrinterDrivers5.1.pkg didn't work for me and my HP Color LasetJet Pro M255dw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.