Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

recently moved into a house and set everything up.  It was all working fine and one day I noticed the printer wouldn't print and kept saying it was offline.   I have tried and tried to enter the password for WiFi on the printer itself but it keeps kicking me off 1 -2 letters short every time.  It truly is hit or miss for the printer to work and I've tried everything.  Can't seem to get anyone on the phone and its driving me crazy.  TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@urge1897

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the network settings:

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Network Setup. 3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. 4. Touch Yes. 5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Once done, try connecting the Printer back to the Wi-Fi.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@urge1897

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the network settings:

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Network Setup. 3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. 4. Touch Yes. 5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Once done, try connecting the Printer back to the Wi-Fi.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My problem came back again.  Worked for about 2 weeks and now it is saying offline again.  It will connect to my router when I do push button, but wont connect to my extender when I do push button or password.  Just like last time it wont let me finish inputting the password and says wont connect.

HP Recommended

Let's create a TCP IP port:

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

looks like that worked better.  it immediately printed whatever was in the que.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was hoping you could help me as I have the printer offline issue everytime I go to print something.  I have installed the new driver and I have removed and readded my printer to my computer.  It works intermittently, but without rhyme or reason.  I have a Macbook Pro and it seems most supports addresses windows computers.  I also have issues printing from my iphone.  Any help would be much appreciated as I recently tried to reach support and was called by a technician who was I believe a scam trying to sell me firewalls and tech support session all that cost more than the printer itself!

HP Recommended

use the info from Betty on 09/26.  that immediately fixed my problem.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.