Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 46230
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I was having an issue with scanning a multi-page document through the ADF (they were showing up blank) so attempted to download the Easy Start/Easy Scan software to my mac. I made it all the way through the downloadng process, until the last screen where its now been stuck (not frozen), & pending  on "Loading" with a continusly spinning progress wheel for about 20m (screen shot below.) The continue button on the bottom right is greyed out/unable to be selected, but the back button is not.

What do I do to finish the instiallation and get to scanning my docs?  Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 1.10.58 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you already downloaded and installed the HP Essential Software and HP Easy Scan prior to reaching this screen?

Assuming you did, try clicking the red X icon to terminate the installation and the printer should already be installed.

If your printer is not listed under Printers & Scanners click the plus sign and select the listed printer, you should select your printer model within the Use drop-down menu.

From your Applications folder open HP Easy Scan and try scanning.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you already downloaded and installed the HP Essential Software and HP Easy Scan prior to reaching this screen?

Assuming you did, try clicking the red X icon to terminate the installation and the printer should already be installed.

If your printer is not listed under Printers & Scanners click the plus sign and select the listed printer, you should select your printer model within the Use drop-down menu.

From your Applications folder open HP Easy Scan and try scanning.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I'm a dodo! haha 

Your sollution worked, thank you for your help! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.