Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer series - J510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The program hpscan is not installed when i install the drivers and software.

i have uninstalled all drivers and association with HP

i have cleaned up the registery with CCleaner

when i use the install file 'DJ2050_J510_1313-1', HPscan is not installed.

i used 'HP print and scan dokter 5.1' to solve the problem.

But it reports that HPscan is not installed and that i should use the install cd or download the newest software.

the cd is not for W10 and won't install, the software i download gives the problem as i wrote above

when i connect the printer/scanner to my laptop, it workd well.

on my laptop HPscan is installed properly

hope someone can help me out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

thanks for your reply Sabretooth04.

i installed the program and it is working.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Scanning issues…

Please try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

For Windows:   ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Make searchable PDFs scans with this free scanning software - https://www.naps2.com/

Let us know.

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply Sabretooth04.

i installed the program and it is working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.