Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 5540

Hi, I have disposed of an Envy Deskjet 5540 that was attached to my HP Smart account. I did not remove it from the account before disposing of it. It still shows up in my account and there is no option to remove it now, just a link to "printer option" which seems to make me want to reconnect to the printer. I can't. How do I remove it from my account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@wryhjet 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Normally, you can "Hide" (remove) an unwanted printer from the HP Smart App in Settings.

True - although this might initially work, the device might prove to be "sticky".

Try here:

HP Account - Login / Dashboard

HP_Account_Dashboard_5HP_Account_Dashboard_5

If that doesn't remove the device from the App,

Try / Consider

Uninstall the HP Smart app from your device

Restart the devicce

"Get" a new copy of the app from the appropriate Store for your device

Open HP Smart > Add the printer(s) that you do want

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

Product Home

Enter the device type and model name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@wryhjet 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Normally, you can "Hide" (remove) an unwanted printer from the HP Smart App in Settings.

True - although this might initially work, the device might prove to be "sticky".

Try here:

HP Account - Login / Dashboard

HP_Account_Dashboard_5HP_Account_Dashboard_5

If that doesn't remove the device from the App,

Try / Consider

Uninstall the HP Smart app from your device

Restart the devicce

"Get" a new copy of the app from the appropriate Store for your device

Open HP Smart > Add the printer(s) that you do want

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

Product Home

Enter the device type and model name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I still have the same issue and the printer i see on my Smart account has been disconnected (Broken) for over a year and still shows up there- 

When I go on teh Dashboard this printer doesn't show up 

How can I permanently remove that printer from the HP Smart options?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.