Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1102
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The installation completely freezes at this point:

(Windows 7 build 7601 SP1, driver from here: https://support.hp.com/ru-ru/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-p1100-printer-series/4110394/model/4110...)

Снимок2.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @dmrover,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The HP software must be completely uninstalled and removed of the system.

First download only this complete package: "Полнофункциональное ПО и драйвер для серии HP LaserJet Pro P1100, P1560, P1600 " to the download folder. More Infos here.

Then proceed as follows:

Check the system for

• TuneUp`s
  • Optimization Tools
  • Cleanup Tools

disable them, better uninstall them. Next...

1. Disconnect printer from computer- Remove the USB cable.- Do not switch off the printer >> unplug the power cord from the socket!
  2. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Programs and Features"
    uninstall all HP printer software > via "Programs and Features"
  3. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Devices and Printers"
    In the "Devices and Printers" window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  4. Restart the PC < important
  5. Close all programs
  6. Change File-Explorer-Settings:View > Options > "Change folder and search options" > Tab "View"
    • enable > Show hidden files, folders and drives
    • uncheck > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK
  7. search for "HP [printer name]" and delete all this folders
  8. Empty the TEMP folders
    A) C:\Users\[Your user account]\AppData\Local\Temp\
    B) C:\Windows\Temp\
  9. system files cannot be deleted!
  10. Reconnect the printer to the power supply and switch it on (if this does not happen automatically)
    Attention: do not establish a USB connection!
  11. Restart the PC < important
  12. Close all programs
  13. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo > in folder Downloads click on the EXE, see above.

Via USB, means wait until the installation asks to connect the printer/scanner. This can take a very long time, up to several minutes!

Document error messages, even better is a screenshot and upload here.

Note:

Change the File Explorer settings again -

• enable > Don`t show hidden files, folders or drives
  • click button > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

It didn't help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

no error messages or flashing LEDs?
I suspect the problem lies with the computer or the OS, or here the virus scanner could even be the problem.
Which virus scanner is installed?

HP Recommended

There were no errors. The antivirus (Kaspersky Free) was disabled at the time of installation.

HP Recommended

Hi,

completely uninstall this antivirus program.

And uninstall all HP Software.

Then try the printer installation again.

HP Recommended

Didn't help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.