Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
photosmart c4780
Other

Mac 11.0.1 can not print to my Photosmart 4780. No Easy Admin software/drivers to download. Was able to uninstall old problematic HP but now I have nothing to install, everything for Photosmart 4780 was from 2014. Any suggestions? Feeling like I need to buy a new printer, don't think it will be HP.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am in this same situation with my Deskjet F4400 printer.  It worked fine until the OS update and now it doesn't.  There are no drivers to install on the HP website for it either.  Funny thing is, I was able to reach someone at Apple support and they offered to help me even though the problem is on the HP side.  The Apple rep said that HP failed to update their drivers with the OS update.  I've tried so many different avenues to reach a live person at HP support and nada.  I will not be buying another HP product if this is the way they support their products and handle customers.  

A perfectly good printer is now just an enormous paperweight because it's 'too old'.  Something that HP should be proud of - printers that hold up for several years - and yet they are letting this opportunity go to waste. 

HP Recommended

I'm in the same situation with my HP Deskjet 1055 All-In-One.  It doesn't work under MacOS Big Sur and neither Apple nor HP have new drivers for it.  VueScan is a scanner driver for many "older" scanners and its author has mentioned that he has developed a compatible scanner driver.  It works as described for scanning, but not for printing.  I've been able to print using a spare laptop running Linux, so the printer does work there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.