cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

how to setup a hp dj 3630 to use only usb

HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3630 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to use the printer connected to thr PC via USB for now and later both wireless and USB Each time I thru setup it tries to setup onlt as wireless.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
45 45 5 9
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello JWG,

Welcome to the HP Community Forums!  I understand that you want to connect your printer with both USB and Wireless but each time the setup process is completed the printer is connected wireless.  HP's default connection type is Wireless (for printers that support Wireless).  One of the best ways to setup via USB is to connect the USB cable BEFORE starting the software setup process.  If the USB cable is connected first, I believe the software will either automatically default to USB (or provide with you a choice instead of just defaulting to wireless).  I hope this helps to solve the USB setup issue.

Regards,

Fishing_CAT

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this helped to solve the Question or Problem. Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation