Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HO Deskjet F4235 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

What is wrong with the HP Solution Center app? I uninstalled and re-installed it, but all I get when I open the app is a screen with a square showing an F and an i. And that same screen pops up anytime during the time I am on my computer. I don't know where to go now to align cartridges or troubleshoot printing problems.

I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit and have the HP Deskjet F4235 All-in-one printer (older model but still works great). 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@spac 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

There is no actual fix for the interface - the old Solution Center, long unsupported, depended on Flash.

Flash is gone and not coming back.

OK...

The printer software itself - assuming it is still installed - is likely still usable.

Leave your printer software installed.

For example,

You should still be able to print from applications (Word, for example).

PDF printing is still likely possible using Adobe Reader DC

Scan

Scanning options are available - several scan programs / applications, in fact, are available for Windows 10.

Just one example,

1.  Start Scan using HP Scan executable

The exact name of the "HP Scan" executable might be different for one or another printer / software.

Example:

The old Solution Center Scan software is located in "Digital Imaging"

The name of the scan executable varies.

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\

OR

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\

Find and Double-Click on scan File name / executable.

For example:

hpiscnapp.exe 

OR

hpqkygrp.exe

=====================================================================

What else?

Flash has been permanently disabled as of 12-Jan-2021.

This causes the "startup" menu of the Solution Center to fail when you try to open the software.

There are scan options, both recommended and others that are "not supported" but do work according to those who have used them.

For those printers affected by the loss of Flash,

A collection of the recommended options (and examples) are included in this Post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/My-printer-sfotware-dont-open/m-p/79605...

Message includes a link to the TKB article on the subject.

If you do not like the recommended options, do not want to use these, or wish to see more,

Search the Community for "Solution Center" - sort the results by Date - open / read those threads that are of interest to you.

Reminder:  The only actual solution is to replace the printer.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.