07-10-2018 11:07 AM
I am unable to print from my computer. (most recent successful print was last week). Print queue on Control panel shows print file is waiting to go and that printer is offline. I have tried re-booting router, printer, computer but with no success. I have downloaded HP Print and Scan Doctor and followed connect instruction with no success. I have retried several times bit it cannot connect with the printer. The printer display says it is connected to the wireless network.
Can anyone suggest how I might go about fixing problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-11-2018 11:21 AM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)
As I understand you have trouble connecting your printer to the network,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Which operating system are you using along with your printer?
- Have you attempted a hard reset to resolve the issue (as advised by HP)?
- Does the copier work fine as a standalone printer?
- Did you print a test page and check if that works?
While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
If the copier & the test page prints fine, use the below steps:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: Click here
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep me posted,
For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,
And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us ;)
that said, If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
07-12-2018 02:33 AM
In the end, I was so exasperated, I just re installed the printer driver from the HP site. For some reason I couldn't see the old driver to uninstall but, no matter, i just have 2 printer icons for the printer, the newer of which seems to work. I'll see how this goes and if I run into problems revert back to your guidance.
Thanks and regards
07-12-2018 03:20 PM
Thank you for responding!
Please take your time and get back to us with the results (If need be),
We will be eagerly awaiting your response and would be glad to help.
Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a great day, ahead.
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Acc... on the post you feel, helped you the most, Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee