09-22-2019 11:29 AM
My HP 3835 printer is not printing any color pages. If I print the pre defined pages in the printer like: Printer status report, e-print page, printer alignment page, print a test page ... the color page is printed. However if I try to print a pdf or word file with color picture/text, it prints it in black.
I've tried everything:
1) Printing preferences check, TCP/IP change (as mentioned in some post somewhere).
2) I can't see the "color" option in printing preferences. It's only Draft/Normal/Best. Furthermore, there is no dropdown of Grayscale on/off in the advanced tab (where it usually used to be there).
3) Updated the driver multiple times
4) Removed all printers from installed programs (control panel) and reinstalled the printer.
5) Ran the HP Print and Scan doctor and did all the steps that were mentioned.
6) OS updates are latest. Have rechecked it again.
7) I'm using Wi-FI printing option, but I doubt if WIFi would have anything to do with the b/w printing.
😎 Checked in HP support assistance software, no updates are pending
Any help would be really appreciable!
09-24-2019 11:59 AM
@xAnshu, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.
If the issue persists, use a USB cable to connect the printer and then try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee