Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Prem C310
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I used to be able to print just fine from any program.

Now, I can print from Gmail - or I can print from this forum, however in Publisher or Word or a Genealogy program I use, the Photosmart is not one of the listed available printers.

When I go to Device Manager, I can right click on all the printers I have and see a long list of options, such as set as default printer.

But on the Photosmart, I right click and only get 4 options; create shortcut, troubleshoot, remove device and properties.

I have downloaded new printer drivers and have gone through the Support Assistant, rebooted, unplugged and replugged etc.

I can't figure this one out!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Can you try the following:

Please Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

That was beautiful, greenturtle!!!  I had already run that program once before and encountered an error.  Then I followed the instructions and ran the error program as well.  Nothing worked!!!

But, since you told me to do it all again, I carefully did everything you said and this time suddenly it worked!!!

I am so grateful!!!

Thank you so much!

Sue..

HP Recommended
pls, save me, i instal window seven and downloaded from hp site, driver for hp laserjet 1300, b ut driver does not work,my system is hp pavilion 4800
HP Recommended

Hi @,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

HI @blackiam

Please read the other post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/My-printer-wont-print-I-ve-downloaded-new-...

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I'm also face the same issue but not in a specofic software but all the software not show the printer availability. Fyi, i also run the Hp PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR but it still did not solve my problem.

HP Recommended

@STM01, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what model HP printer do you use?

Which version of OS is installed on the PC?

How is the printer and the PC connected?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the model is HP deskjet 2676.

the OS is windows 8.1

the printer is connected via usb & wifi.

HP Recommended

@STM01

Let us try these steps:

Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.  In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.