Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Desk Jet 3636 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been round the houses and can't find a way to re-connect my printer after I changed Broadband providers.

I have watched videos on how to do all of this, tried two different computers (both printed previously).  I don't have the USB connection so need to connect it wirelessly.  I have followed the instructions, downloaded Support and Scan Drs, pressed WPS button on the routers.  I can't add my devise to my HP account as it says the serial number and product name do not exist (I have checked them and they are correct).

I am not technical so don't understand some of the solutions posted on this issue but am really frustrated that each way I try to do this fails and I can't access accurate support as the product number and serial number apparently do not exist.

Any straight forward advice gratefully recieved.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can enable 2,4GHz on your router (if supported), you can use a USB wired connection or you can get a new printer that supports 5GHz wi-fi.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Did you changed you r wireless router too ?

the printer can only connect to 2,4GHz wireless, if your new wi-fi router transmits at 5GHz wireless the printer can't connect to it. If you are unsure about the band (2,4 or 5) the wi-fi router is transmitting call your provider they should now.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I just bought an HP Envy 6000 ands try as I might following all steps suggested by Smart HP I can't get it to connect with

my Mac.  Any suggestions what other steps I can take?

HP Recommended

Hi

Ah, yes that must be it.  I have done, moved to fibre which is 5GHz.

So is there any way around it or do I need a new printer now?

HP Recommended

You can enable 2,4GHz on your router (if supported), you can use a USB wired connection or you can get a new printer that supports 5GHz wi-fi.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.