cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
Wardy1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Connecting printer to a wireless network

HP Recommended
HP Desk Jet 3636 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been round the houses and can't find a way to re-connect my printer after I changed Broadband providers.

I have watched videos on how to do all of this, tried two different computers (both printed previously).  I don't have the USB connection so need to connect it wirelessly.  I have followed the instructions, downloaded Support and Scan Drs, pressed WPS button on the routers.  I can't add my devise to my HP account as it says the serial number and product name do not exist (I have checked them and they are correct).

I am not technical so don't understand some of the solutions posted on this issue but am really frustrated that each way I try to do this fails and I can't access accurate support as the product number and serial number apparently do not exist.

Any straight forward advice gratefully recieved.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,446 5,430 635 899
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you changed you r wireless router too ?

the printer can only connect to 2,4GHz wireless, if your new wi-fi router transmits at 5GHz wireless the printer can't connect to it. If you are unsure about the band (2,4 or 5) the wi-fi router is transmitting call your provider they should now.

My profile on LinkedIn

Vince2219
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just bought an HP Envy 6000 ands try as I might following all steps suggested by Smart HP I can't get it to connect with

my Mac.  Any suggestions what other steps I can take?

0 Kudos
Wardy1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Ah, yes that must be it.  I have done, moved to fibre which is 5GHz.

So is there any way around it or do I need a new printer now?

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,446 5,430 635 899
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can enable 2,4GHz on your router (if supported), you can use a USB wired connection or you can get a new printer that supports 5GHz wi-fi.

My profile on LinkedIn

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation