Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2732
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When the deskjet 2732 goes to sleep, nothing will print or connect via HP smart without unplugging the whole printer. This is annoying to do every 5 minutes. How HP still does not have this fixed is insane, LET US TURN OFF SLEEP MODE.

Everytime the Printer tries to wake up it goes into an hidden Error state, nothing but unplugging it will fix it. Ive tried EVERYTHING. Very tech savy over here. have installed hundreds of printers. these are my first HP printers tho and i have to say the software is garbage its whats holding the printers back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

FIXED!

Set a manual IP

Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Seems to work for now...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

FIXED!

Set a manual IP

Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Seems to work for now...

HP Recommended

So can I set a router IP ? Can you explain how to set a static IP for the printer?

HP Recommended

After looking around my FiOS router for a while and seeing the IP but not finding any place to change it, I pointed a web browser at the current DHCP address and logged in with the pin, and changed it from within the printer settings. It's now on a dedicated IP address, hopefully this fixes needing to unplug it from the wall every time I need to print something. What the **** HP, release a firmware update already!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.