Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
ENVY 6032
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, The printer always reverts to offline status although it often shows ready on HP Smart. I have to disconnect and reconnect the power cord to print anything. Help appreciated and thanks, Jim

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the same printer and today I found out that the way to solve the offline issue is by pressing the wifi button at the back of the printer twice to turn wifi off and then on. Hope it solves your issue

HP Recommended

Why WHY WHY can HP themselves not just make this expressly clear - literally a 2 second fix after 1 hour of hating the new printer.  Thanks for your solution!

HP Recommended

My pleasure

Glad that I could help. 

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem and the solution mentioned here didn't work unfortunately.  I have worked in IT for 20 years so know my way around all of this kind of stuff.  Our last wireless printer (not an HP) worked fine with the wireless functionality - it was just un-reliable in other areas.  So far, we have had the Envy 6032 for a month or so and every single time we come to print a document it says it is offline or unavailable.  My wife and I are not that pleased with our new printer. The only solution for me is to physically unplug it from the wall socket and sometimes that will fix it or I have to manually remove and re-add the device in my control panel (again this only sometimes fixes the problem) - but doing this on a daily basis is not practical, especially when printing out things daily for homeschooling!   There is clearly a bug with the wireless functionality or "detect-ability" of this printer.  Sad to say this is not good for a new printer 😞 and I had high hopes for this new printer, especially when on the front of it it says "intelligent, self-healing dual-band wifi for always on connections".  It is more the opposite and we are at our wits end.  I have rebooted our BT router a few times, and carried out some other steps HP have recommended which doesn't make any difference. It does appear to be localised to the printer itself because as mentioned no other devices are having issues connecting to the router and re-connecting the next time.  Please can anyone suggest anything else I can try?  Thank you for any help.

HP Recommended

Same issue!! 😞

My brand new HP ENVY 6032 printer, after an idle time go offline: no way to revert to an online status nor acting on the front panel nor by pressing the i/o button on the back. I must to unplug the device from the wall socket.

Is there a fix or workaround to keep online the printer? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Had mine 6 months three days ago doing the same thing, contacted help repeatedly tried there suggestions but no printer says unavailable, can’t find, not online, spent several hours of my time, pretty cheesed off want to throw it in the bin but at £90 I just want a refund as from what I’ve read their is a big problem with this unit 😞👎👎👎 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. Very frustrating. Why can't HP come up with a fix????????????????

HP Recommended

Didn’t work fo me 👎

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.