Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Example: Envy 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 5030 printer (firmware recently updated to2021B) has operated OK over the home network for a couple years. When I switched it on yesterday it failed to connect to the home WiFi.

Selecting the WiFi setup wizard from the control panel failed - no networks were displayed. (My laptop displays 5 neighbourong networks in addition to mine)

Trying the Protected WiFi setup timed out.

I selected Restore Network Defaults, restarted my router, placed the printer in the same room as the router and repeated both attempts with no success.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It seems as if the problem is a loose connection. While moving the printer back to its normal location I tipped it over. Once switched on again the printer immediately identified 2 or 3 Wifi networks. The cure must have been the movement as I had tried switching off and on a number of times earlier on.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It seems as if the problem is a loose connection. While moving the printer back to its normal location I tipped it over. Once switched on again the printer immediately identified 2 or 3 Wifi networks. The cure must have been the movement as I had tried switching off and on a number of times earlier on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.