Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I have had an intermittent problem that now seems to have become permanent.  Sometimes when I tried to print an email I would see it go to the printer queue and then disappear without printing.  Nothing I did fixed it so I would just try again later and it would successfully print.  But now I have something important to print and I have spend all morning trying different things.   It will go to the printer queue then quickly disappear without printing.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?  It just seems to be emails because if I am in a browser and right click to print a page, that will print fine. Why just emails and how can I fix it?  Thank you for any help you can provide. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CorkyM 

I can offer two possible places to check and some likely useless muttering on the subject...

==========================================================================

Jobs that queue and suddenly disappear might be related to the Temp folder permissions.

Jobs in Print Queue Disappear

If the print job is making its way to the print queue and then disappearing:

• Temp folder requires full permissions, including Read / Write, for current user
  • Check / add / edit permissions for user (current login) on Temp folders

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Local\Temp

Example

Temp_Folder_Permissions_1Temp_Folder_Permissions_1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, but...

The odd thing in this case is that it is just one type of job that is disappearing...

So - the "Temp" folder solution might (certainly) not be useful.

Worth checking - Just might not be the fix.

AND

Also check - there might be something located inside the Temp folder that is causing trouble.

You can remove (delete) unwanted content from within the Temp folder - it is "temporary" content.

=============================================================================

What else?

Could be a problem anywhere - another place worth checking is Print Services (print queue manager).

This doesn't sound exactly right either but it is something under the control of Windows and is worth a look...

Print Queue / Print Service Reset

After a print job has been submitted, it is very quickly turned over the Windows Print Services for completion.

When a job is "stuck in the queue", it is sometimes due to Print Services having hung, become stuck, or otherwise failing to properly complete the job.

Start Here:  Print job stuck in Queue

and / or

If the current print job will not cancel or if a previous print job is stuck in the queue,

and

If the issue is due to Print Services being stuck / hung / corrupted, Restart the Print Service

Manual Queue Reset

Details…

Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down, find, Right-Click, and Stop Print Spooler Service

Open File Explorer (formally Windows Explorer)

Navigate to the folder and Delete the files from folder C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

Start Print Spooler Service

=============================================================================

What else?

Not sure...

The biggest "player" in this issue is perhaps how you are accessing those emails.

For example,

• Web browsers are different from one another - try a different browser.
  • Email clients are different from one another - Outlook, for example, has its own rules about the way the world works and this includes how, when, if email can be printed.  Of course, Outlook (as installed on the computer) is supposed to work - it does, however, add a layer of complexity not found in other Mail client programs.
  • Try a different mail client.  For example, add your email address to Windows Mail (included with Windows).  Assuming all goes well and the address can be added, Windows Mail generally "plays well" with other software and devices.
  • The printer software might be misbehaving - this sounds "weak" and is not likely the issue.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.