Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The HP Envy Photo 7855 is a wireless printer.  I have been printing from my laptop with no problems and It has been working fine since I purchased it last year.  All of a sudden I couldn't print and noticed that the BLUETOOTH SMART was suddenly turned off??  I have been trying to turn it back on but all I get is this blue turning circle with "Bluetooth Smart is turning on..," written beneath it.  I have left the spinning circle for almost a full 24 hours now,... and as of right now it is still spinning with the same phrase underneath it.  Can anyone help???  Is this a fixable printer software problem or did something get fried inside the printer?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@paperbugs, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to print from your PC. Bluetooth Smart is not required for printing. It is only used by the printer to search and connect to a wireless network/device.

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Restart the wireless router, printer, and the PC

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network Setup > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard and select your network.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • Either a 2.4GHz network or a 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This response does not address the problem.  Wireless is fine on my printer. I can print with wireless, although the software is somewhat fragile.  The problem is that Bluetooth Smart hangs with the 'turning on' message and never gets past it. If I unplug and restart the printer, Bluetooth is switched off.  Setting the switch to on causes this hang, and it never recovers.  As one other person said, they left it for 24 hours and it is just permanently hung, with the circle and the 'turning on' message.  Do you have a software update or patch to fix this?

HP Recommended

@EVSteve, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us update the printer firmware and check the result.

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i had checked that yesterday before I reported the problem that the firmware was current.  It is at 2010A.  That seems to be the latest, as of this morning.  I wondered about corrupt firmware, but since others are having the same problem, that seems extremely unlikely.

To add some information, I was able to print while the display showed that it was trying to turn on Bluetooth.  While printing, some printing statuses were displayed,  then the display returned to the 'waiting' circle.

Steve

HP Recommended

@EVSteve

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Perhaps there is a miscommunication with the problem about the printer.  

I can "copy" on this printer just fine.  That's walking over to it, lift the lid, place original on the glass, close lid, and press copy.  That works just fine.

BUT, when my laptop tries to connect to the printer using the "bluetooth" that just causes an error that the laptop cannot connect to the printer.  Now..... why can't it connect to the printer???

The printer's BLUETOOTH SMART won't turn on.  Just spins FOREVER AND FOREVER stating that it is trying.

I think HP did some type of update... that messed everything up.

HP Recommended

Everytime HP does some type of software update -- and I have no control over it -- something eventually ALWAYS goes wrong.

Perhaps it is HP's way of making sure us consumers make another purchase.

This printer -- is now completely just a copier.  

I purchase another one exactly like it because I was happy with it in the beginning.

Purchased from Best Buy and made sure to purchase a 2-year Geek Squad guarantee.

if HP wants to sabotage the printer with updates  --- Best Buy can deal with it.  I will just keep getting new replacements.

Problem solved -- Everyone should do the same thing who wants to purchase HP products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.