Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Neverstop Laser 1202w
macOS 10.15 Catalina

HP Neverstop Laser 1202w won't connect to the network

When the printer was brand new it easily connected to the network.  We had to change our router, network name and password.  No matter what I do I cannot get the printer to connect to the network.  

One of the messages tells me that the wireless radio is off.  (I can't find a way to turn it on). 

Another message tells me to push cancel and wireless at the same time, and then run HP Smart. (So far after several attempts, it hasn't worked)

Try using wireless direct (I am trying, but no luck).

Why isn't there a switch somewhere on this printer that simply puts it back into the original setup mode so that I can add a new network???  None of the HP help pages have helped so far. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same issue last night and nearly pulled all my hair out LOL. It took forever to finally get this printer to go onto the wireless network. Have you tried printing out a Network Summary& Configuration Report this helped me a lot. To do so simply press the power button once in case it's in sleep mode. Then hold down the resume button until the power button starts blinking  (It the one that looks like a page with a down arrow on it) then release. This will get the printer to print out both reports which will give you some vital information as to what might be going on.

Look under your Wireless Network Configuration and see if it's still using the old network setting of the previous router. If so you will need to reset your printers network settings. To do so I did the following

Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button at the same time until the power light blinks. The printer restarts and then the Wireless light starts blinking blue, indicating the printer is in Auto Wireless Connect (AWC) setup mode. You can now set up a wireless connection between the printer and your device.

Once this is done you should be able to setup your printer on the new router through the HP Easy Start Program. Although in my experience this is a hit or a miss. It took me quite a few tries for it to finally find the printer and actually connect to it. Also make sure you are on the same Wifi SSID network as the printer and you are using the 2.4ghz not 5.0ghz band since this printer is 2.4ghz only.

I also came across a bug with their Energy Settings:  The Sleep/Auto Off After Inactivity:  is set to 1 minute by default which puts your printer into engery saving mode. The issue is though when you go to print or connect to the printer once it wakes up it looses connection and causes the print can't be found or can't connect to the printer error,

So you either have to wait 10-15 minutes or go to the printer and press the power button to get it to respond and connect back to the network. When this happens the IP address of the printer is completely gone off the DHCP network of devices.
Which I think is the cause of all these issues where the printer can't be found when installing it through the Auto wireless connection method. I'm still working on a fix for this problem

Anyway hope some of this helps you get your printer up and running on the network. Let me know how you made out and if you need anymore help just let me know

These links here explain it in more detail

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Printer-Wi-Fi-Connectivity-Issues-and-Offline-...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1780623-1698506-16

Thanks,
Jason

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.