Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon all, 

New here so please be gentle. 

I currently have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium that I am having issues with - specifically two things: Firstly I've set a password for the HP embedded web server which was accepted however whenever I try to log in it outright refuses then locks me out - and secondly to try and counteract this I have reset the printer completely in the hope of the password being reset to it's original default password to no gain. In doing this the HP Eprint system has assigned me a new Eprint email address, however when I try to use my old email address it tells me it's already in use. Is there anyway around this please?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Metrix 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Metrix84 

Locked out of EWS

You'll likely need an agent to help reset the printer beyond what you have done.

Those of us outside of HP (not employees) are restricted from providing this type of information.

I will forward a request and hopefully someone can respond to that part.

What about ePrint support?

The good news...

The printer still supports web services.

At this writing, your printer is not on the "no longer supported" list for web services.

Web Services has been discontinued on some older printers (as listed)

Web Services Notice

This means that assuming you can get the printer reset to allow you access to EWS,

The ePrint service will likely work again (with Web Services running on the printer).

What about the email address?

The ePrint address is a different issue.

There are weird rules about "reusing" an ePrint email address.

You can do so "right after the fact" of having changed it - any delays result in the original / previous address being locked.

READ

Changing Your HP ePrint Email Address

So,

Regardless of how the change came about, it might not be possible to re-use the original address.

If that is the case, change the email address to what it was before with the exception that you must change at least one character in the email address name.

What? 

That means if you were using (for example) FancyEPrintAddress @ hpeprint.com

And assuming the change does not infringe on an "already used" address,

You can use FancyEprintAddress1 @hpeprint.com

Example...

Over time, I've lost a couple of Email addresses for my ePrint service.

For example, I cannot use the original FancyEPrintAddress nor can I use FancyEPrintAddress1 .

I am now using "FancyEPrintAddress2" @ hpeprint.com

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - H711 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Metrix84 

Locked out of EWS

You'll likely need an agent to help reset the printer beyond what you have done.

Those of us outside of HP (not employees) are restricted from providing this type of information.

I will forward a request and hopefully someone can respond to that part.

What about ePrint support?

The good news...

The printer still supports web services.

At this writing, your printer is not on the "no longer supported" list for web services.

Web Services has been discontinued on some older printers (as listed)

Web Services Notice

This means that assuming you can get the printer reset to allow you access to EWS,

The ePrint service will likely work again (with Web Services running on the printer).

What about the email address?

The ePrint address is a different issue.

There are weird rules about "reusing" an ePrint email address.

You can do so "right after the fact" of having changed it - any delays result in the original / previous address being locked.

READ

Changing Your HP ePrint Email Address

So,

Regardless of how the change came about, it might not be possible to re-use the original address.

If that is the case, change the email address to what it was before with the exception that you must change at least one character in the email address name.

What? 

That means if you were using (for example) FancyEPrintAddress @ hpeprint.com

And assuming the change does not infringe on an "already used" address,

You can use FancyEprintAddress1 @hpeprint.com

Example...

Over time, I've lost a couple of Email addresses for my ePrint service.

For example, I cannot use the original FancyEPrintAddress nor can I use FancyEPrintAddress1 .

I am now using "FancyEPrintAddress2" @ hpeprint.com

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - H711 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Metrix84

Welcome to the HP support community.

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Restore Network Defaults to factory settings:

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for five seconds.

Login to the EWS page with the default credentials and change the password.

Username: admin

Password: "leave it blank"

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.